ARTICLE 1. DEFINITIONS
|Applicable Privacy Legislation:||Applicable Privacy Legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the relevant national implementation acts.|
|Contract:||The Contract between a Customer and Yamato concerning products, services, etc.|
|Processing:||An operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.|
|Controller:||The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.|
|Yamato (or “we/us”):||Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd.
16-10, Ginza 2-chome,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8125
- 2.2*The Website may include references of third parties (for example hyperlinks or banners). We do not control these references and are not responsible for compliance with the Applicable Privacy Legislation by these third parties. We recommend you to carefully read the privacy policies of the third party websites you are visiting.
ARTICLE 3. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- 3.1*We may collect the following Personal Data from you:
- a.*name and address details;
- b.*e-mail address;
- c.*username and password;
- d.*IP address;
- e.*employment information, resume.
- 3.2*Via our Website we do not collect sensitive Personal Data such as passports and health data, except as specified in the Applicable Privacy Legislation.
- 3.3*Personal Data is collected by us:
- a.*by registering on the Website;
- b.*when applying for a job via the Website; or
- c.*otherwise using the Website.
ARTICLE 4. PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING
- 4.1*We collect and process your Personal Data solely for the purposes specified below:
- a.*Performance of a Contract: or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a Contract: If you decide to place an order via the Website, your Personal Data may be processed by us for the Performance of a Contract. We do not Process more Personal Data than is strictly necessary for the performance of a Contract.
- b.*Communication: Your Personal Data may be used to communicate with you about our products and services and to inform you of matters that are important for your account and/or use of the Website and the handling of any complaints. If you create an account on the Website, we will keep the Personal Data so that you do not have to enter it every time. This Processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a Contract and/or for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Yamato, namely to conducts its normal business.
- c.*Marketing purposes: To approach you via e-mail for marketing purposes, we always request your prior consent, unless it concerns offers about similar products that you have ordered. You always have the right to unsubscribe from mailings. This Processing of Personal Data is necessary for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Yamato, namely to keep in touch with you and to offer you similar products and services or is based on prior consent.
- d.*Customer service: If you use customer service, your Personal Data may be used to provide you with customer service. This Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the Performance of a Contract, or is necessary for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Yamato, namely to conduct its normal business.
- e.*Job applications: If you apply for a job via our Website, your Personal Data may be used by us to handle your job application. This Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by Yamato, namely to hire people to work for the Yamato Group.
- 4.2*If we intend to further Process the Personal Data for a purpose other than that the Personal Data have been collected, we will provide you with information about that other purpose and all relevant further information before that further Processing.
ARTICLE 5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We share Personal Data of you within the Yamato Group.
ARTICLE 6. SECURITY
- 6.1*We take appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your Personal Data and to prevent misuse, loss or alteration thereof. In addition, we limit access to Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to have access. Also the aforementioned persons involved are bound by a confidentiality obligation, either in their employment agreements or (data processor) contracts.
- 6.2*We have Yamato Group information security guidelines in place internally, including a data breach policy in which it is described how to deal with a suspected Personal Data breach. We will notify the relevant supervisory authority and the data subjects involved if required under Applicable Privacy Legislation.
ARTICLE 7. RETENTION PERIODS
- 7.1*We do not store your Personal Data any longer than strictly necessary for the purposes for which we collect the Personal Data.
- 7.2*You may request Yamato to delete the Personal Data at any stage. If the Personal Data are no longer required for the purposes for which we collected or otherwise Processed the Personal Data, we will delete the Personal Data.
ARTICLE 8. COOKIES
- 8.2*Cookies are information that are stored by the browser on the your computer. Yamato uses different types of cookies for different purposes.
- a.*Functional cookies: cookies that are necessary for the Website to function properly, including cookies that are necessary to create an account;
- b.*Analytical cookies: cookies that ensure that insight can be gained into how you use (parts of) the Website, so that Yamato can improve the Website and that it fits as well as possible with what you find interesting and important. Yamato only uses the data obtained with these cookies to study how the Website is being used.
- 8.3*We only use third party cookies to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Website. For example, it uses Adobe Analytics, which is set up in a privacy-friendly manner. Adobe Analytics Processes the IP addresses for Yamato.
- 8.4*Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can set the browser to disable cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it is possible that some functions and services of both Yamato and other websites do not function properly if cookies are disabled.
ARTICLE 9. YOUR RIGHTS
- 9.1*In so far as the Personal Data Processing is based on consent (see above), you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- 9.2*You have the right to request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- 9.3*You have the right to request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- 9.4*You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to Process it.
- 9.5*You have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest. Insofar as the Processing of your Personal Data takes place for direct marketing purposes, we will always honour your request. For Processing for other purposes, we will also cease and desist Processing, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the Processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- 9.6*You have the right to request restriction of Processing of your Personal Data.
- 9.7*You have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a Contract with you.
- 9.8*The exercise of the abovementioned rights is free of charge. We will provide you with information about the follow-up to the request immediately and in any case within one month of receipt of the request. Depending on the complexity of the request and on the number of requests, this period can be extended by another two months. We will notify you of such an extension within one month of receipt of the request.
- 9.9*If your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of the repetitive character, we will either charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with the request.
- 9.10*In addition to the above mentioned rights you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR at all times. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us beforehand.
ARTICLE 10. CONTACT DETAILS
|Contact:||Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd.
|Address:||16-10, Ginza 2-chome,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8125
ARTICLE 11. MISCELLANEOUS
- 11.1*Yamato is entitled at all times to delete your account without notice. In such a case, Yamato owes no compensation to you as a result of the termination of the account.